123 Main Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 30339
Home: (555) 555-1234, Cell: (555) 555-1235
Seek the Position of Senior Architect
A highly talented Architect with over 15 yrs of experience in planning, designing, detailing and coordinating with multi disciplinary teams and executing of projects. Great familiarity with local building bye- laws & other regulatory frame work dealing with built environment and remarkable expertise in client servicing, contract negotiations, preparation of pre-design documents, zoning and planning issues, cost estimating and budget preparation, tracking project performance and monitoring the team dynamics.
Summary of Qualifications
• Over 15 years experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of computers, proficiency in the current version Auto CAD systems and engineering/management software to effectively produce construction design, documents, specifications and schedules.
• Solid organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
• Broad-based, professional level of construction management experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with clients and outside consultants to communicate the impact of design alternatives; negotiate agreements with outside design consultants and construction contractors.
• Possession of strong product, technology, and industry knowledge.
• Proficiency at effectively structure and manage cross- functional project teams.
• Ability to provide over-arching results, recommendations, and documentation.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Architectural and Engineering codes.
• Familiarity with commonly utilized calculation and compliance software/techniques relevant to job function.
• Ability to follow instruction from team members
• Ability to delegate tasks through clear and concise communication to junior team members.
Wanto Engineering, Stony Point, NY 2000 - Present Project Manager
Review approved projects to determine specific needs such as space, ventilation, machinery or equipment modification, location of same and renovations specifications.
Coordinate design personnel for the implementation of design documents for capital projects as needed using knowledge of engineering design and technology and ensuring compliance of plans to various regulatory codes.
Develop initial design, conceptual estimates and task role matrices. Assure the generation of an adequate variety of conceptual design alternatives to satisfy the client needs and the requirements of the project specifications.
Generally act as the leading individual contributor and coordinator of design problem solving. As such, prepare and write construction documents, specifications and contracts for routine and complex construction projects.
Coordinate activities of in-house trades and construction staff and outside contractors assigned to projects to ensure compliance to specifications and project completion timetables.
Responsible for overseeing that all necessary appropriate testing is completed and subsequent information is reported.
Wanto Engineering, Stony Point, NY 1996 - 2000 Cad Draftman
Responsible for building CAD drawings based on information provided by customers and engineers.
Prepared plans, coordinated engineering, permitted submittal processing, bided and estimated.
Provided technical expertise and guidance in preparation and architecture of efficient datasets, layouts, work statements, drawings and delivery schedules.
Provided CAD and drafting guidance to junior operators and TDP development procedures.
Provided design review and improvements in interpreting and compliance with military drawing standards, to include; ASME, Global, and Contract Requirements (CDRL, DID, and Digital Data Description).
Wanto Engineering, Stony Point, NY 1993 - 1996 Architectural Intern
Assisted in the development of design or design development drawings, develop base sheets and construction details for aviation projects.
Develop presentation drawings and coordinate drawings with other disciplines.
Produced contract documents under the direction of Project Manager.
Produced and coordinated architectural documents with Engineers and Architects.
Supported and assisted lead Architect in all phases of a project.
Education and Professional Certification
Fellow of the American Institute of Architects
Valid License of the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
New York University, NY
MBA Project Management 1998